Sunday, April 16, 2006

Charity -- The bad kind



Bartboxer vs. BlueEyedRook
April 3, 2007
White to Move


I won't reveal Bartboxer's rating, but it is a solid 200+ higher than mine. So here I am slugging along only to find myself with a solid lead over my opponent.

Then, in true BlueEyedRook fashion, I inexplicably throw the game away. A present of sorts to Bartboxer. I had just played 1... Rc7?? instantly losing the game. The trick is all the white energy on the a1/h8 diagonal.

2. c4! instantly wins. The black queen risks capture and needs to flee, but it cannot. Any such movement results in 3. Qg7#. Thus, I soon find myself a whole queen down -- and losing what should be a won game!

Ughh.... there is nothing worse than throwing chess games away.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the engagement!

 

Post a Comment

<< BACK TO THE REST OF THE SITE!