Monday, December 05, 2005

Chess Movie: Knights of South Bronx

Kudos for www.chessbase.com for announcing the upcoming chess movie starring Ted Danson (Cheers fame). See http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2775.

The chess community will always have Searching for Bobby Fischer as the greatest movie regarding chess, but it is nice to see other directors/producers trying to incorporate the chess theme. We'll see how it works out. (The theme sounds goods, using chess to help under-privileged children, but it might be a little too "cutesy, wutesy" for my taste).

On a other chess note, one of the Biography channels is airing an episode regarding Bobby Fischer in the next couple days. I have it TIVOed, but if I get more information, I'll be sure to share it. I am curious to see if he is generally portrayed in a positive or negative light.