Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Put a fork in me.... I'm Done!!!


(Eyesofblue vs. NN)
(FICS Game) (White to Move)

I faced a nasty position in this game. The knight, queen, bishop, knight setup on the 3rd rank combined with the two black pawns at d5 and e5 are potentially disasterous. Either d4 or e4 leads to a nasty pawn fork where at least one of my pieces is lost. Is there a way out?

I didn't think so, hence my dubious move of 1. Ng5(?) instantly losing to 1... d4. (I was hoping for some kind of attack on h7... which by the way never occurred!). Instead, the right move was 1. Nxe5. If the queen retakes, 1... Qxe5 then 2. Bb6. After the black queen moves (it is being attacked by the rook), 3. Bxd8 Rxd8 leads to fairly equal chances.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Was this a blitz game? Moves like this are hard to find during quick 3 or 5 minute games. At least to me, anyway.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger David Glickman said...

After 1. Nxe5! Qxe5, I think 2. Bc5 is even stronger than 2. Bb6. After the Queen moves, White takes the Bishop on e7 either with the rook or bishop (probably the rook).

 

Post a Comment

<< BACK TO THE REST OF THE SITE!